The COVID19 situation has been tricky to manage for everyone, whether your regular sporting activity is no longer accessible, you are having to work at home, or just missing regular contact with family, friends or colleagues.
However, body pain doesn’t stop just because we go into lockdown…
Providing You With Support Throughout the Year
At The Active Healthcare Practice, I am passionate about safely providing you with our unique blend of sports and clinical therapy services, whichever stage of the COVID19 journey we are all at. I am pleased to announce that I am able to continue with face to face clinic appointments throughout lockdown, including clinical massage. Plus, my online consultations and clinical stretching classes remain open throughout the year.
I do hope that you’ll feel very safe and supported whichever service you choose.
If you would like to book an appointment, please call me on 07584 503767 or send me a message.
I look forward to seeing you soon.
Founder, The Active Healthcare Practice
Treatments at our Lytchett Matravers Studio in Dorset – Open
During the November 2020 lockdown and beyond, I will be able to continue providing my blend of sports and clinical therapy service, helping to ease your pain and increase mobility. So if you have a condition which would worsen without treatment, we are still here to help throughout lockdown. The SMA (Association for Soft Tissue Therapists) has confirmed that I am able to continue to work through the lockdown due to my professional qualification (level 4 massage/ soft tissue therapy qualification), and as long as:
- there is a genuine need for the treatment to be done
- a virtual consultation takes place prior to treatment
- my place of work is classified as a place of healthcare services (it is)
- I document and record all the required criteria to ensure the health and safety of my clients (I do)
- I follow the SMA PPE requirements (I do)
After the first lockdown, I took a lot of care in implementing the very best practice standards. This is what you can expect:
- Telephone or online consultation prior to your appointment.
- Covid pre- screening for all clients before appointment.
- Fully private clinic, no shared spaces and no crossover of clients at the clinic at any time.
- Fully compliant with the British Medical Journal Covid-19 transmission awareness and PPE certifications.
- I’ll be taking everyone’s temperature on arrival at the clinic. I’ll also take mine daily.
- Shoe disinfection mat at clinic entrance.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for clients on arrival at the clinic.
- We are asking everyone to wear a mask; you can bring your own or we’ll supply one.
- I’ll be wearing PPE, including visor, apron and gloves, and scrubs which are changed in between clients and laundered at 90C.
- I’ll be handwashing, handwashing and more handwashing! followed with hand sanitiser.
- Change of couch cover and towels for every client (as always) which are washed at 90C, exposed to high heat in tumble dryer and then individually packed to reduce handling and only opened when you arrive for your appointment.
- Large, well ventilated treatment room and a minimum of 1 hour between appointments to allow for cleaning and full ventilation. Surfaces and floors cleaned with Clinell hospital grade disinfectant wipes and antiviral / antibacterial cleaning solution between appointments. All equipment is sterilised in Barbicide solution and wiped with hospital grade Clinell wipes.
- Other equipment not suitable for immersion in liquid sterilised in UV light steriliser.
- Special nano-technology antimicrobial coating applied to screens, blinds & furnishings, kills bacteria and viruses on contact.
- Contactless payment
Online Consultations – Open
I offer an online injury and sports therapy consultation throughout the year, providing you with advice and a range of tailored exercises to do at home, to minimise your pain, aches or stiffness. To book, please get in touch here.
Online Clinical Stretching Classes – Open
I offer a range of online clinical stretching and yoga classes throughout the year. Whether you have a sports injury, aches and pains from working from home, or even body strains from wearing PPE, my clinical stretching classes are ideal for you.
Click to follow us on our eventbrite page, where you will be notified of all new classes, or sign up to receive details in our email.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch – I will be happy to answer any queries you may have.